Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SNOWFLAKES--BY ME!!

Well, now! What do you think of these?
All my life I have wanted to be able to cut snowflakes out of paper, but didn't learn how until now. After lovely fall leaves and Christmas decorations on the photo gallery in the center, we needed something new and wintery.
Snowflakes seemed to be the answer.
So when Elder Grassli was sick the last few days (bad cold. I got it too.) and we couldn't go anywhere, I went online and found instructions. It's really easy . . . just need to fold exactly and cut carefully. Anyway, I think they turned out very lovely, and I have to say I'm proud of myself. Some look just like six-pointed stars, so I experimented to get some that look a little more like snowflakes.
These are just a few.


I think this would be a good project for creative children home for Christmas vacation, when nothing else is going on. They can be a lot simpler than these.



7 comments:

Julie said...

I love them! Did you use an exacto knife or just scissors. I also wanted to thank you for the beautiful testimony in your last blog post. It was very touching.

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Thank YOU, Julie!

Just scissors. If you fold it right, it's easy. Go online and look for snowflake pattern.

Jane Anne said...

They look fabulous! wow!

Marie said...

I just got caught up on all your recent posts. It looks like you are having such a good time and I LOVED the snowflakes!! It was so fun to talk to you and grandpa this morning on Skype! I wish you could have seen Jack longer but at least you got a little glimpse of him. Love you both.

sara said...

WOW MOM...they look really cool...I LOVE THEM!

Ruth Tirrell said...

Those are absolutely fantastic and what fun! My kids love that stuff, especially Orion, we will have to try it! Website????

Hi Aunt Mikey and Uncle Leonard. Found you a while ago but Christmas and holidays just kept me off the blogging.

Visit us at tirrell.blogspot.com.
Love you
Ruthie
(yes ruthie!)

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Everyone: Try this website:

Marcel's Kid Crafts

The folding needs to be exact and the cutting very carefully done, best with small, sharp scissors. My little embroidery scissors work well.

Michaelene