Saturday, February 28, 2009

MUSIK ABEND



Last night at the Center the YSAs held their first Friday night activity--a casual music evening of performing artists and other entertainment, followed by freshly cooked hot waffles.
For a beginning event, it was pretty darn good!

Pictured here are the performers, whose varied offerings were: an Israeli dance tune on the pan flute, Hawaiian love songs on the ukelele, clarinet jazz, Bach on the violin, and piano/vocals from musicals. And this is only a small sample of the talent available in this stake.

More musik abends will follow, I'm sure!



Gregor, Andy, Denis, Anna, Nadine, and Michelle. Not pictured is Sara.







And then all heck broke loose! A new facet was added to the ever popular (could I venture to say it is an obsession?) 'Round the World ping pong. They tried it on rolling desk chairs!

Honestly! What next!?

Is he going to eat the ball?


Earlier in the week we had a very successful highlight abend. The students were divided into groups and each group was given a scripture from the New Testament (this year's course of study) from which they were to create a Mormonad-type poster.

They were great!

I wanted to do an entire post about that evening, but somehow I lost the photos! I can see them when I scroll through them on the camera, but I can't see them when I try to get them for the blog. Hmmmm . . .


3 comments:

Marie said...

I bet you loved the Bach violin. Also, the rolling chair ping pong looks so fun!!!

Jane Anne said...

I hope dad is feeling better. Love you both!

It looks like things are picking up!

Michelle Glauser said...

Say hi to all of the JAEs. They are lovely people. And so are you.