Thursday, September 4, 2008

Drinking it in!

Today was our third zone conference.
President Matern asked us to prepare an orientation for the missionaries about the Institute Outreach Initiative. It was good for us to organize what we know in a way that would help prepare them to help in the centers where they do and will serve. We gave them the
What, Why, Who, Where, How, and When in a ten minute presentation.
It clarified the information for us, too
We enjoy the teaching of President Matern at these conferences. Today he taught about the history of events leading to the apostasy, including details that I had not known before. As I studied world history in my BYU Independent Study course last year, I learned so much about the history of religions and their influence on the history of the world and the development of cultures.
This today further enhanced my understanding from a Latter-Day-Saint viewpoint.
Truly the world has rejected truth over and over. How blessed we are to live in a time of restored truth, when the gospel is filling the earth.
And how blessed Elder Grassli and I are to be helping in our small corner, in our small way, to bring that blessing to others.
Sister Sims,
Sister Rogers, and Sister Luebke listened attentively!

Elder Andrizzi and Elder Ehlen translated the six-hour conference for me. They are good!
It is such hard work to translate. They have to listen intently, with not one minute of daydreaming or distraction, and it is exhausting! But they didn't complain a bit, and look! They are still smiling!

Mom, look here! Your elder made it safely and he is still smiling!

Relaxing for a minute after the conference is over.
The missionaries enjoy being together!

7 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I love how you're able to meet with the missionaries as well as the YSA's. It sounds like you are learning a lot too! Does dad always speak in German?

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

He doesn't with me because we forget, but he does most other times. He didn't in our teaching. I have to know what he is saying!

sara said...

i guess that answers many questions that i get from the people in the ward, "how is your mom doing with the language?"

Susan said...

I hope the couple missionaries have a blog and post photos of actitivies and my kids. It must be great for the parents. Do they know about your blog?

Susan said...

OK, I meant to say, I hope the couple missionaries have a blog and post photos of mission activities when my children are on a mission. It must be great for the parents to see their missionary and hear about things from another perspective. Do the missionary parents know about your blog?

Marie said...

I am jealous of those missionaries who get to spend so much time with you! We miss you over here! I love reading your comments on my blog. I'm so glad you can see pictures of Jack and in a small way be able to watch him grow until you can see him in person again. Love you guys!

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Some of the missionary parents know about the blog. I had emails from two of them, but so far we haven't had any comments on the blog from missionary families.