Friday, August 22, 2008

Home, Sweet Home!

Soon after we arrived, we bought geraniums for the balcony. It helped us feel at home, since we have geraniums on our balcony at home in Utah. Then we talked to the landlord, who agreed to have the apartment painted a fresh, pretty white, which they did three days after we asked. That was a nice gift, because we had had so many frustrations about then, that we needed something to work the first time!

We went to IKEA and bought (for the mission)a new rug, a cover for the sofa, and a red throw for accent. You know me--gotta have red somewhere. Then we added a Monet print and some plants, and voila! A pretty, fresh, uncluttered, new-feeling little living room that smells clean!

We are very content.

5 comments:

Jane Anne said...

your appartment looks great. I love the flowers1

sara said...

Looks GREAT! I'm not surprised by you fixing it up a bit! love ya!

Marie said...

looks good!

Melinda said...

Sister Grassli,
hope you don't mind me browsing your blog. It is fun to read what other Senior Missionaries are doing. Elder Woodhead is serving in the same mission my husband and I are and Jane Anne and I have been corresponding. You did such a great job making your apartment cozy. I love the plants, and flowers and you can't go wrong with red white and blue (god bless america) I love all your photos. Wow, it is gorgeous there. Sounds like you and Elder Grassli are doing wonderful things there. P.S. I love the little story about the kiss. How cute. Bless you both.

Elder and Sister Grassli said...

Sister Kinghorn, our blog doesn't even begin to compare with yours, but Jane Anne loves yours so much that she convinced us it was the thing to do, and she set it up for us. It is very basic, but that's us! Thanks for visiting. Anytime!